Charles R. Rondeau
Charles R. Rondeau has more than 25 years of experience successfully handling personal injury and employment-related cases throughout California. He has obtained multimillion-dollar settlements and awards for his clients, including high-profile individuals, and strives to attain justice for victims of serious accidents or workplace mistreatment.
A Louisiana native, Mr. Rondeau’s acclaimed legal career began in California, where he represented injured persons in cases concerning personal injury, product liability and medical malpractice. He has also represented individuals and business owners in claims pertaining to insurance bad faith and white-collar crimes. He then turned his focus toward workers’ compensation law, founding The Rondeau Law Firm shortly thereafter with the knowledge and skills he amassed throughout his years in practice.
Mr. Rondeau is a recognized expert and frequent lecturer on the application and interpretation of the American Medical Association (AMA) Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, the standard in medical impairment rating. He was invited by the AMA to serve as a Reviewer for the Sixth Edition of the Guides in 2007.
Mr. Rondeau also has considerable experience in appellate matters and has argued cases before the California Supreme Court, the California Court of Appeal, the United States Court of Appeals and the United States Tax Court. While he concentrates his practice on representing clients throughout Los Angeles and Orange County, California, Mr. Rondeau is also licensed to practice in New York and New Jersey, and is fluent in Spanish.
- Personal Injury Law
- Labor Law
- Employment Law
Bar and Court Admissions:
- California, 1993
- Board Certified, Workers’ Compensation Law
- New Jersey, 1994
- New York, 1994
- United States Supreme Court
- United States Courts of Appeal for the Second, Third and Ninth Districts
- United States District Courts for the Central and Eastern Districts of California, the Southern and Eastern Districts of New York, and the District of New Jersey
- United States Tax Court
- Southwestern University School of Law,LosAngeles, J.D., 1992
- Research Editor, Southwestern Law Review
- Columbia College, New York, B.A., 1988
- Commissioner, Workers’ Compensation Advisory Law Commission of the State Bar of California (Vice-Chair, 2015-2016)
Honors & Awards
- Selected as one of “Southern California’s Top-Rated Lawyers” for 2013, produced by American Lawyer Media
- Reviewer, AMA Guides to the Evaluation of Permanent Impairment, 6th Edition, 2007
- Speaker, State Bar of California and the Division of Workers’ Compensation
- Truck Insurance Exchange v. Workers’ Comp. Appeals Bd.(Kwok), 2 Cal. App. 5th 394 (2016)
- Valdez v. Workers’ Comp. Appeals Bd., 57 Cal. 4th 1231 (2013)
- Sandhagen v. Workers’ Comp. Appeals Bd., 44 Cal. 4th 230 (2008)
- Facundo-Guerrero v. Workers’ Comp. Appeals Bd., 163 Cal. App. 4th 640 (2008)